OUR COMPANY POLICIES
VENDOR CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Vendor warrants that the Products are produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of Sections 6, 7 and 12 of the Fair Labor Standards Act, as amended, and of regulations and orders of the United States Department of Labor issued under Section 14 thereof. "Products" shall mean all orders of goods, merchandise and incidental services by Southwind Foods, LLC (dba: Great American Seafood Imports) ("Southwind") from Vendor.
2. Vendor represents and warrants that Vendor and its contractors are not engaged in and will not engage in any labor practice in violation of the laws or regulations of the country of manufacture or assembly of the Products involving unsanitary and/or unsafe labor conditions.
3. The following Code of Conduct, including adherence to the "California Transparency in Supply Chain Act 2010" is an integral part of Southwind purchase orders, the terms of which must be followed by all vendors and contractors:
a. Child, indentured, involuntary, or prison labor must not be used or supported.
b. Workers may not be exposed to unreasonably hazardous, unsafe, or unhealthy conditions.
c. Workers may not be unlawfully discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
d. The workplace must be free from harassment, which includes sexually coercive, threatening, abusive, or exploitive conduct or behavior or harassment because of one's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
e. Workers at all time must be treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
f. Wages paid to workers must meet or exceed legal and industry standards.
g. All Vendor workers performing work within the United States must be legally eligible for employment in the U.S.A. under the United States Immigration Laws. Vendor must require and review, prior to each non-U.S. citizen employee's assignment, documentation establishing such eligibility for all Vendor workers who perform services for Southwind within the United States.
h. Vendor may not engage in any conduct likely, intending, or appearing to improperly influence any Southwind Representatives in the performance of their job responsibilities. Bribes, cash payments, and business gifts and entertainment of more than token value expressly are prohibited. Vendor must refrain from engaging in any conduct that may appear improper or may result in a conflict of interest when viewed from Southwind's point of view.
i. Vendor and its contractors must maintain written records evidencing compliance with the provisions of this Code of Conduct and must make those records available to Southwind upon request.
4. If Southwind determines that Vendor or its contractors have failed to comply with the foregoing, Southwind will be entitled to return all Products on hand for full refund, at Vendor's cost, and cancel any unfilled orders at no cost.
5. Southwind reserves the rights to:
a. Verify product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery, including disclosing whether the verification was not done by a third party;
b. Conduct supplier audits to evaluate compliance with company standards, as well as specifying whether the audit was independent and unannounced; and
c. Require Vendor to certify that the products comply with laws of the country in which the supplier does business.
6. Warning! Consuming seafood products can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or lead compounds, methylmercury and/or methlymercury compounds,which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and carbon monoxide (CO), lead and/or lead compounds, mercury and/or mercury compounds,which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov/food .